Cold Sesame Noodles
Springy cold noodles with a savory and spicy sesame sauce!
- half pack lo mein noodles (egg noodles) can sub with your favorite egg noodles or wheat noodles
- 1½ tablespoon Chinese sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 3 garlic cloves minced finely
- ½ tablespoon ginger minced
- 2½ tablespoon oil vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon can sub with salt
- chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion sliced
- toasted sesame seeds
- half english cucumber cut julienne
- 2 teaspoon chili oil Lao gan ma or sichuan chili oil
Cook noodles according to package directions. After the noodles are done cooking, rinse under cold water to make the noodles more chewy!
Make sesame sauce by mixing Chinese sesame paste, rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and water until smooth (no sesame paste chunks).
Make oil sauce by adding minced ginger, minced garlic, salt and chicken bouillon in a bowl. Heat up 2.5 tbs oil in a pan until you see smoke. Then add the hot oil into the bowl and mix until salt has dissolved.
Add sesame sauce, oil sauce, & chili oil to the noodles. Top the noodles with chopped cilantro, green onions, sliced cucumber and sesame seeds. Mix well and enjoy!
- Cooking tip: when using sesame paste, make sure to stir the jar to ensure the oil can mix with the paste at the bottom. Then, scoop your sesame paste.
- can sub chicken bouillon with salt
Did you make this recipe? Tag @cookwithdanaa on instagram to show me your beautiful creations!