Welcome to beautiful Brooklyn, New York! We lived in Williamsburg for a few months and we loved it there. There was so much good food and the Manhattan skyline was breathtaking! Let’s go on a Brooklyn New York Tour full of food and exploration.
There are many things to do in Brooklyn (BK) and lots of places to eat, but I noted down my favorites and wrote a 1 day itinerary for those like good food and exploring! Here are some recommendations of what I ate and drink (in case you are indecisive hehe) too. Keep in mind, I’m a very relaxing traveler so the itinerary is small and it has plenty of room for you to do spontaneous exploring.
Start in DUMBO
Early Morning Eats – Coffee @ ARABICA
Grab a pastry and a Spanish Latte at Arabica (20 Old Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY 11201) if you like a sweeter coffee (similar to Vanilla latte but WAY better). It has condensed milk and is one of our favorite coffees in NYC!! The baked goods in the glass drawer were so beautiful and quite a treat.
The aesthetics of the coffee shop are beautiful! The furniture and decorations are minimalistic. You can tell they put a lot of love in the details of building this coffee shop. The coffee shop is along the water so be prepared for breathtaking views. Since its a popular spot, I recommend taking your coffee to-go and walk/find a place to sit along pebble beach/Jane’s carousel.
Make your way around the neighborhoods and walk along the water. You can take some cute pictures under the Manahtten bridge.
If you want a snack or a drink, you can stop at Usagi (163 Plymouth St, Dumbo, NY 11201). Its a beautiful coffee shop and gallery. I loved the vibes here.
Ferry to Williamsburg
Take the ferry from DUMBO which stands for ‘Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass’ to Williamsburg. It takes around 15-20 minutes and you can see how beautiful Manhattan and Brooklyn is from the water!
Once you arrive in Williamsburg, you can shop around cute thrifting shops, boutiques and more! Here are some of my favorite shops in Williamsburg:
- Ten Ichi Japanese Market (my favorite Asian neighborhood market)
- Muji (cute minimalistic home and clothing store)
- Everlane (minimalist clothing)
- Awoke Vintage (fun Vintage clothing and accessories)
- Catbird (nice jewelry)
- Le Labo (luxury candle store)
Here are some places you can grab a quick & small bite while shopping:
- Tacombi – recommend the avocado tostada and some chips and salsa (other tacos could be a hit or miss btw.)
- Joe’s Pizza – all their pizza is so good and a classic in NY! My favorite is the white with spinach and the pepperoni
- Kitsby Dessert Bar – my favorite dessert place. they have delicious lava cakes and cakes in general. I recommend the Yuzu Cheesecake & Ice Cream!
Grab Dinner at:
- Forma Pasta Factory – Mafaldine Scampi is my favorite! OMG! All of their pasta is to die for since they make the pasta in house. The focaccia is also so soft and crunchy!
Grab Drinks at:
- TØRST – cool bar and amazing cheese board (has honey and nice crackers…YUM)
- Radegast Hall and Biergarten – German Biergarten. Large beers and fun atmosphere to hang out after dinner. Also the bratwurst was quite tasty!
I love a day dedicated to eating and walking around (mostly eating). Hope you enjoy the food in Brooklyn!