Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These chicken lettuce wraps are inspired by the Chinese-American restaurant, PF Chang’s. I love the flavor of these chicken wraps and the chicken filling goes so well with crispy and soft butter lettuce!
This is a low carb recipe and easy for quick dinners! The chicken can be substituted with your favorite ground meat as well. Don’t forget the chestnuts in the filling for that extra crunch.
Ingredients you need for your chicken lettuce wraps:
- vegetable oil
- ground chicken
- red bell pepper
- 8 oz. can of water chestnuts (unsalted)
- shaoxing cooking wine (optional)
- soy sauce
- hoisin sauce
- oyster sauce
- dark soy sauce (for darker color, can sub with regular soy sauce)
- white pepper
- butter lettuce
- green onion
- sesame seeds
Steps to make the chicken lettuce wraps:
- Step 1. Wash butter lettuce and pat dry.
- Step 2. Dice 1/4 red bell pepper, 1/2 shallot, 2 garlic cloves, and water chestnuts, then set aside. Mince 1 tablespoon ginger.
- Step 3. Heat pan to medium heat. When the pan is hot, add 2 tablespoons of oil, shallot, garlic, and ginger. Fry for one minute until golden brown.
- Step 4. Add ground chicken and break up into smaller pieces. Add 1 tablespoon shaoxing cooking wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce, 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, and a pinch of white pepper. Mix together.
- Step 5. When the chicken is cooked, set aside. To make your lettuce wrap, add filling on the butter lettuce and garnish with sliced green onion, peanuts, cilantro and sesame seeds. Hope you enjoy!